Are you Ready to Sell Your Home in Ketchum, Idaho?
Selling your home can be very time-consuming and emotionally challenging. At times, it may feel like an invasion of privacy because strangers will come into your home and criticize it. And to top it all off, they will offer you less money than your home is worth.
Tips for Selling Your Home in Ketchum
● Keep your emotions in check and stay focused on the business aspect of selling your home.
● Hiring an agent may cost more in commission, but it can take a lot of the guesswork out of selling.
● If you decide to sell on your own, set a reasonable sale price and keep the time of year in mind.
● Prepare for the sale, take time to prepare your home for professional photos and showings.
Do It Alone or Hire An Agent?
It may be tempting to list your home DIY. During a Seller’s market in Ketchum, Idaho of 2022, this could work for you. The main advantage of hiring an agent includes negotiating the home sale; helping you get more money than you could on your own. And if any problems crop up during the process—and they commonly do—an experienced professional will be there to handle them for you. Finally, agents are familiar with all the paperwork and pitfalls involved in real estate transactions and can help make sure the process goes smoothly.
How Do I Prepare My Home For Sale In Ketchum, Idaho
An experienced agent will have a tried and true process to transform your home into a package
that appeals to many Buyers. In short, to obtain top dollar when selling your home in Ketchum,
Idaho, Sellers should neutralize, declutter and depersonalize their home.
Checklist for Professional Photos
● Clear Countertops: No mail, baking/cooking supplies, phone chargers, or
● Only a couple of small appliances out; ex: coffee maker and toaster.
● Clear refrigerator of all magnets and artwork.
● Hide the garbage can in a closet or pantry.
● Remove dishes and cleaning supplies from the sink.
● Clean the doors of ovens, microwave and dishwasher.
● Put out some colorful fruit in a basket.
● Put away your spices but it is OK to leave a cookbook out and open on the counter.
● Clear the table, dust and polish the table top.
● Use decorative place settings.
● Feature one center piece such as a bouquet of fresh flowers.
● Straighten all chairs and space them evenly.
● Remove child seats and booster chairs.
● Remove stacks of magazines, papers, and mail.
● Declutter fireplace mantel and hearth.
● Remove toys.
● Clean fireplace glass doors and surround.
● Select a few nice pillows for furniture.
● Remove blankets from the couch and chairs.
● Turn on all overhead, floor and table lamps.
Make beds guest ready.
● Clean nightstands of all personal items.
● Hide all phone and device chargers.
● Remove clutter from top of dressers.
● Clean under the bed.
● Remove posters and stickers from your children’s room.
● Declutter areas and closets as best as you can.
● Limit the number of stuffed animals in the children’s room.
● Hide laundry baskets.
● Clean countertops completely. No soap, toothbrushes, makeup or medications.
● Put toilet seats down.
● Hide toilet plungers and scrubbers.
● Remove shampoo, soap, razors from the tub and shower areas.
● Remove clothes, robes and towels from the back of doors.
● Clean the mirrors.
● Hide laundry baskets.
● Remove soaps, detergent jugs, cleaners from the countertops.
● Remove clothes from hangers, counters and the back of the doors.
● Remove floor mats.
The Real Estate Market in Ketchum, Idaho is fluid. A good real estate agent can time the
presentation of your home when the market is ripe to obtain top dollar.